WANTED: an organized professional with excellent reconciliation and customer service skills to join a Lee Group client at their headquarters office in Portsmouth, Virginia as an Accounts Payable and Expense Clerk. This position reports to the Controller.
This position includes the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the processing of all Accounts Payable invoices into QuickBooks as audits Accounts Payable invoices for accuracy.
- Reviewing accounts payables invoices for accuracy in coding signature approvals and appropriate backup documentation. Ensure all invoices are processed to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Managing the research and resolution of the day to day issues related to Accounts Payable inquiries.
- Overseeing the processing, scanning and filing of all invoices. Perform monthly reconciliations of all Accounts Payable/Expense related accounts.
- Managing the internal and external audit requests.
- Working closely with Controller to examine all processes and system, and provide recommendations for ways to create efficiencies.
- Managing special projects and other duties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager.
Successful candidates will have these basic qualifications:
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of full cycle accounts payable processes
- Experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable processing environment.
Preferred skills/experience includes:
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Interested? Contact The Lee Group Chesapeake office team to get started with an interview and the pre-employment screening process.