Want to help coordinate the activities involved in the procurement of goods and services required for production and operation? How about provide administrative, research and project support to company personnel involved in analyzing material performance, supplier capabilities and unit costs? We have a job for you.
The Lee Group is recruiting now for a Buyer Support position in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Need more details? Here’s what you would be looking at being a part of and responsible for:
- The indirect procurement of maintenance, repairs and operations supplies required to keep the day to day business running using established procedures.
- Converting requisitions to purchase orders in accordance to protocols.
- Communicating order status to the necessary internal departments.
- Maintaining communication with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document.
- Keeping up to date Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) files into the MRP system.
- Exercising judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Building stable working relationships with manufacturing, quality engineers, and material management regarding procurement demands for critical parts.
- Scheduling deliveries to maximize inventory needs, following up on deliveries by communicating with suppliers.
- Maintaining positive relations with existing suppliers through thorough communications of company philosophy, material requirements, and pricing objectives.
- Contacting suppliers regarding material problems, such as delayed receipt, poor quality, wrong items, etc., and resolves issues.
- Working with other department personnel, such as Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, etc. to rectify defective or unacceptable goods or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals.
- Referring more complex problems or issues to higher level procurement buyers or to supervisor.
Interested? Contact The Lee Group Chesapeake office team today to get started with an interview and pre-employment screening.